Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Eight species of wild fish detected in aquaculture feed

Analysis of DNA fragments from commercial feed found eight species of high trophic level fish present, some of them coming directly from extractive fisheries. The research, conducted by the University of Ovideo, focused on feed for aquarium cichlids, aquaculture salmon and marine fish in aquariums. The implication is that aquaculture is partly maintained by fisheries, and aquaculture fishes are fed wild, unprocessed fish and fish directly from fishing vessels. Read more...

This blog is written by staff at International Aquafeed Magazine which is published and supported by Perendale Publishers Limited. To get your copy of PPL's web application, 'PPLAPP' click here. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi,


    Recently I came across some great articles on your site. The other day, I was discussing (http://theaquaculturists.blogspot.in/2012/05/eight-species-of-wild-fish-detected-in.html ) with my colleagues and they suggested I submit an article of my own. Your site is just perfect for what I have written! Would it be ok to submit the article? It is free of charge, of course!

    Let me know what you think
    Contact me at john26anderson@gmail.com

    Regards,
    John Anderson

    ReplyDelete